Skip to content
Inlay / Onlaydesignthing2019-02-18T09:39:22+00:00
Inlay / Onlay
What are Inlay / Onlay?
- Inlays / Onlays are types of indirect restorations.
- As with fillings they are placed in a cavity (hole) to restore the function or aesthetic appearance of a tooth.
- They are usually used in very large cavities where a direct filling is not suitable due to size.
- They require a laboratory procedure, so two appointments are needed to complete the procedure.
- They can be made in gold, porcelain and composite.
- Porcelain and composite provide excellent aesthetic results
What are the benefits of Inlay / Onlay?
- They are strong.
- They are made bespoke for your tooth so a provide a very accurate result.
- Porcelain options can provide excellent aesthetic results.
- They can create a more realistic reconstruction of the tooth and biting surfaces than with a filling in complicated cases.